
Wikipedia just confirmed I am a hardcore Hack-and-Slasher. In a way, all my games (the ones I enjoyed to the max, finished and eventually hungered for) turned out to be genres revolving around combat, one-to-many battles, gore and the like. Ninja Gaiden is just one more on the list - just that it happened to be part of Shrek's and Sub's wicked plan to get me to XBox-servitude (knowing fully well I wouldn't rest until I finished it, however godamn tough it turns out to be)
And by GOD I rested without finishing it. For one full year. Exactly on September 15th this year I took my controller back again, plugged the 360 into my TV and decided once and for all to rip that insolent little game from limb to limb. Insanely tough opponents, unreasonable boss fights, frustration being the popular side effect of Ninja-Gaidenotis and to my own surprise, catalysts for massive adrenaline rushes happened to be the "salient features". This one sure packed a punch, I'll tell you that.
Am on the penultimate level now, and this is just a stackup of all the bosses I fought so far in the game - typical of most Japanese HnC-s - including Devil May Cry 4. It is DAMNED tough, and am loving every bit of charging up to those baddies swirling around two badass sized katanas, reverse jumping over while chucking some incendiary shurikens over, land and block, jab and shift, look out for the third guy surely in your blind spot, lob off that winged beast's head but side step to avoid the explosion, combo-combo-combo, hysterical attempt to unleash the Ultimate technique, no way out, too many enemies not even fitting into the screen, use ninja magic, set 4 of them on fire, summon protective phoenixes and recharge health all the while hack-dodge-hack.... and after 4 minutes of non stop hand-eye Godgiri...Swat the blood off your swords. And walk forward to....
The Boss fight.
And he's the badass of the badasses since you have to play by HIS rules. That's what differentiates him from the others - you are expected to excel in a world where HE calls the shots and you are just a goody-stacked action figure brandishing a toothpick against Godzilla.
Sigh. I am a lover, baby, yeah.
But strange thing is (yes this blog still is for the insane ones) how different is this from the Corporate Rat-race? If you don't believe me here it is:
So long, chappies.
1 comment:
yay, finish the damn thing!
Post a Comment