"This is it, then?"
"Yeah." said the other.
"Seems like you went out of your way to prove your point, is it?"
"Sorry dude, it was an argument, and you know how I end up being a bit....pig-headed while at it. Don't look at me like that. I know it."
"They say the world's a wonderful place, you know, where people reach out to those they 'connect' with. I even heard a lot of people say they can tell just by looking at them."
"I wish I could tell."
"Well, can't you?"
(Smiling) "No."
"I once wanted to rule the world, you know. Be something nobody else could be. But something pricked me. If I went away from all these charming people, what would I DO being that someone?"
"You would be yourself now, wouldn't you? Something....objective, maybe?"
"Well yeah - I could have an understanding partner, you know, and I can spend the rest of my time with her..."
"Conferring about how justified you are, about all the small things you've left behind?"
"HEY! What do you know - ......"
"I told you. I don't"
"Sigh"
"I wish I could see." said the lady at last.
(Smiling) "So do I, my old friend."
Friday, February 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
whats that all about?
:/
long time no post.. should have had a conclusive post of the bombay chapter.. atleast have a prologue for the madras chapter
Post a Comment